Saturday, October 18, 2008

Towel and WashCloth Set



Well, I finally finished the towel and washcloth set. I found the pattern on the Coats & Clark site. I even bought the eco-cotton blend yarn. It feels so soft! However, I found a cotton yarn at A New Yarn that matched the Mary Kay containers I planned to combine with the towel and cloth for the Workplace Giving Auction.




The first time I made the towel. I did not make the 8 sqaures (4 for each end of the towel)

at the same time. So, when I went to make the 4 for the end of the towel, I grabbed the wrong hook -- the downside of the Clover Ergo hooks, they are all the same color -- they were too big. Which I did not notice at first. The second error I made was slip stitching the 4 squares to the center of the towel instead of sewing them. This made it real puffy which may have been why I didn't catch the size error.


I didn't see the error until I brought it to the Seattle Crochet Guild meeting! Fortunately, I only showed it to a few people before I realized the errors.


So, today, I finished the towel for the second time. It came out MUCH better. While I was at our meeting, I bought the last 2 skeins of the same cotton (we have our meetings at A New Yarn). This time I made all 8 squares at once and I even sewed the 2 groups of 4 together at the same time so I used the same process.


I had to take apart the old towel to used some of the yarn for the new towel. It took me a while to find the ends I had woven in -- that is a good thing! I always feel like my ends are so obvious.

No comments: