The tour has really started now. We had breakfast at the hotel. Tried everything but the mushrooms.
Well it started with the 6:30 wake up call. Breakfast at 7:30, on the bus at 8:30. We headed to the Rathbaun Farm for scone making, see a border collie round up some sheep and watch a sheep be shorn.
First, we made the scones (I bought the recipe and cutter) Now we will if I can make them without Francis.
Turns out Ireland does not raise sheep for wool. It is almost a by-product. The sheep they raise produces a course wool not suitable for cratfts. One of the women called out. "That saves me a bunch of money".
I took videos of the sheep. Not sure where I will post them. One of a little guy bleeting -- don't think it will replace the crying goat for the next youtube sensation. One of the dog, Ted, rounding up the sheep and one of a sheep being shorn.
We then came back into the house and ate our scones - yum!
Then back on the bus...
No comments:
Post a Comment