Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Post from Budapest

Our Room: When we first arrived, the TWIN beds were right next to each other. This is the first trip Carrie and I have taken together where we shared a room. I knew that was TOO close! So I moved the beds to be as far apart as possible.

First dinner in Hungary. We ate at the Ballet Slipper. Carrie and I had been awake for over 24 hours and spent most of the time squeezed into coach airplane seats or waiting in the New York Airport. The expected 5.5 hours was great, Brian met us as the airport and we had a nice visit. However, then our flight was delayed for 3+ additional hours! Needless to say, we did not look our best at dinner -- no wonder they put us up in the loft in the corner! I had my first Goulash! It was the best of the dishes the three of us had. There was also live music playing downstairs. Here is a brief snippett of the music. Of course, they sang a slower song as we were leaving. During dinner, it was mostly jazz music.


After midnight here, doing great. this was our first day. We had our first experience at the breakfast buffet -- big tip -- don't come a 9 am!


We had a great lunch at Menza (I had the goat cheese salad!) Diet Coke is Coca Cola Light.

We then walked through Liszt Ference Square and along Andrassy Street.







We stopped at the Muvesz Coffeehouse. We then had dessert (Zacher) Chocolate and marmolade torte or layered cake. I tried a liquor they have here something like Unicum Next. It is a... cherry flavored liquor it was listed under the digestive section -- my tummy did feel better :)

Oh yeah and we saw some famous sights and bought tickets for the Opera

No comments: