Sunday, September 20, 2009

Monday Morning

Well, I guess it is no surprise that in short order I would be back to my early morning rising! I woke about 5 this morning. Read my book for about an hour -- I am so glad I loaded 3 books on my phone via MobiPockets! One other advantage of waking up so early is there is no one else on the computers in the lobby. Of course, one of the computers had 3 empty beer cans sitting by it!

Since Carrie and I are sharing a room, when one of us is awake, we can't just flip on the light or the tv! While our phones are worthless for talking or texting, it has been great to have the address book, games and for me, books!

I have almost finished the scarf/wrap I started on the plane. I hope to have it done -- and hope it will look okay to wear to the Opera on Thursday night. I am sure it will be sooooo wonderful no one will notice I am wearing brown heavy walking shoes with my outfit! Of course, I could try wearing my old birkenstock sandles with black socks instead! I bought the sandles for my trip across the US in 2001 and have been wearing them ever since! They were great for wearing on the plane.

Wednesday we are going to meet up with the women I met on Ravelry.com (a crocheting/knitting social network) I just have to make sure I have found the right California Cafe! One of the yarn shops I was told about by the Red Heart company is on the way so I am hoping to stop by there and see what type of yarns they have here in Hungary. I have heard it not great but I am still curious.

Believe it or not we have not been shopping yet! This is the longest we have gone without doing much shopping. When we left the Palace on Saturday there were some stalls out side of it selling tourist stuff. Carrie is looking for an embroidered runner for a friend of hers. The ones at these stands looked machine made and something you could pick up anywhere so we did not buy any.

We did buy post cards at the National Gallery so as soon as we figure out where a post office is, some of you will be getting postcards!

Today we are planning to go to the Terror House and Heros Square. Carmen has school commitments all day today so we are planning to meet up for dinner. If we can get reservations, we are hoping to go to Spoons or Spooners which is on a boat on the Danube and is supposed to have great views of Buda. Since there are many monuments on top of the hill of Buda, I suspect they will all be lit up at night.

Speaking of reservations, perhaps I should go talk with the Conceirge while there are not a lot of people checking in or out. The front desk seems to always be very busy when we are down here!

No comments: