Sunday, March 07, 2010

Carmen's Afghan Finished!

I started Carmen's afghan before she decided to go to Kalamazoo College. I was nearly done with it but knew she would not want to take it to college. I bet it weights close to 10 pounds!

After her time in Budapest, she has decided she is not going back to Michigan for college so... I didn't quite make it by the time we celebrated her birthday (nearly a month and a half late!) But I finished it last week.


Saturday, we went to dinner and I gave her the finished product. I was a bit worried since she had selected the colors almost 3 years prior (when I gave Kirsten her afghan). However, this morning when I logged onto Twitter, I found this tweet by her:


This is actually the second afghan I have made for Carmen. Mom died in 1987 two years before Carmen was born. When she died, the had two incomplete afghans. Carrie and I each finished one for Kirsten and Caitlin so they would have something to remember Mom by. When Carmen was born, I used some of the yarn Mom had in her stash when she died to make her an afghan. It was pale pink and variegated pink to gray. I like it so well, I make one for myself! Here is a picture of the afghan with my sweet Baby napping. Boy I sure miss Baby!

No comments: