
These gloves originally only had the index and thumb open but I choose to keep all of the fingers open. I used Bernat SOX yarn, wooded denim. When I bought the yarn this was the closest I could come to Mariner's colors.
The pattern is a Red Heart pattern and called for their Heart & Sole yarn. However, there is wool in that yarn so I had to choose a yarn without wool. This pattern used a stitch I had never done before. Extended Single Crochet (esc) -- yes I read it as "escape" from my computer world! But I like it! It is as tall as a double crochet but not as fat. All by NOT yarning over before drawing up the first loop. It is basically a single crochet with a chain in the middle. Of course, it is now getting warmer so I may not get to use them until September although it has been raining all this weekend -- of course, it is Memorial Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment