I can't believe it has been 3 weeks since I got home from New Hampshire and have not written a thing. I got home from vacation and have been running ever since! (and playing WAY too many games of Mahjongg Dimensions)
The conference was great. They made the lobby section the hangout location which was easier to come and go from then the hotel room they did in the past. The goody bag was a disappointment. No yarn! Same book we got last year as well as the way too big Lion Brand bag.
I took 4 classes 3 were good 1 not so much. Karen Klemp taught 2 classes that were great. I still need time to practice what I learned -- especially the braided cables! They are beautiful but not straight forward. Since I crochet in traffic or watching TV, these are not patterns I can do in either of those situations yet.
We also got to do some sightseeing. Instead of doing the "professional" day, we drove through the White Mountains. They were beautiful but similar to our passes. One thing I thought strange was that they have BIG liquor stores at the rest area/tourist information stops! Nothing says drink and drive like a big liquor store with easy freeway access!
We had lunch at Polly's Pancake Parlor. Great maple syrups, spreads and sugar! They also had at least 6 different types of pancakes. I wished I could eat more!
As we were driving back to Manchester, we stopped at a gas station/grocery/deli. I really regret not getting some of the fried chicken they had. It smelled so good. As we were entering, I thought it was funny that they had a sign "Turkey Registrations". We have deer registrations but turkeys??? Then a few miles down the road, what do we see Wild Turkeys and not the alcohol! No wonder we had turkey at Thanksgiving. They are pretty plentiful!
I danced with Doris Chan! Not a slow dance and I wasn't the only one. But they had a dance Thursday night. Now a conference made of up 500 middle aged women, 6 husbands and 5 gay guys seemed like an interesting choice. But it was fun! Doris has an incredible amount of energy. I don't think I saw her sitting still -- even when she was signing autographs.
Well, I better get ready for work...
No comments:
Post a Comment